Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Never been here...Never comin' back.

I am an alumnus and survivor of child sexual abuse by pedophile faculty at Trinity-Pawling School, a remote all boys boarding school in upstate NY. And I am one of many former students who seek justice. As a student, the faculty I turned to for help silenced me.

Now I speak out as a survivor knowing the shame of that abuse belongs soley to the pedophiles and those complicit in keeping victims silent. As a survivor of unspeakable abuse, I can tell you that the fallout from CSA lasts a lifetime. It impacts every relationship in your life. Worse still, it impacts your very ability to trust others enough to form lasting relationships.

It is my hope that in speaking out, I might encourage other male survivors to also speak out. If enough of us do this, then maybe one day kids will find support to speak out in real time, name their abusers, and escape the vortex of silence.

This blog details how I confronted my former abusers as an adult. And their unfortunate response. Next

No comments:

Post a Comment